Event Phone: 205-759-3000
- February 5, 2019 - February 6, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This is not a Firearms Instructor Certification Course
$25.00 Range Fee to attend, this is a 2 day class.
To be held at the Tuscaloosa Police Department Firing Range,
2201 New Watermelon Road, Tuscaloosa, Al, 35406
COURSE DESCRIPTION & STUDENT INFORMATION
FIDC 1 – Coaching Marksmanship
This course is designed to improve a firearm instructor’s ability to develop a shooter’s marksmanship potential. While many concepts can be carried over to other weapon systems, this course focuses on the duty pistol.
Course topics include:
- How the brain functions when learning and developing skills
- Practice methods that maximize performance
- Applying the field of Performance Science to law enforcement firearms training
- Coaching techniques and strategies, to include providing feedback
- Developing basic abilities in finger/hand dexterity and vision skills
- A principle-based approach to marksmanship fundamentals
- A shooter-friendly framework for developing marksmanship skills
- Effective dry practice principles
- Diagnosing and prioritizing marksmanship errors
- A new brain-based approach to target analysis
PLEASE NOTE: While shooting does occur both days, this course is not a “shooting” course. It is an instructor development course. Both days are spent focusing on instructional skills, with time being split between classroom and range activities.
EQUIPMENT & LUNCH
- Duty Gear
- Duty Holster & Magazine Pouches. NO floppy or insecure holsters.
- Duty Pistol with four (4) magazines (minimum)
- 500 pistol rounds
- HUDL Techniques App (free) downloaded on phone
- Or similar slow-motion video app
- Eye Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Cap with bill
- Sunscreen, Drinks, Snacks, etc.
- NOTE: Students should pack food for a short lunch on-site each day.