Event Phone: 205-759-3000
- September 28, 2017 - September 29, 2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
You must submit a letter from your department or training officer stating you have been approved for this training. Email this letter and your credentials to Patrick Rollins after you have added this class to the cart and checked out. If we do not receive the letter and credentials you will not be registered for this course
This class is free to Certified LE and Military
PORTAG – Patrol Officers Response to Armed Gunman is designed to be a skills builder for first responding Officers to dynamic situations. Core firearms techniques coupled with field proven medical skills will be taught to provide realistic, real world life saving advantage. While this is not a SWAT course many techniques and skills taught come from military and SWAT lessons learned.
- Duty Weapon & Equipment selection
- Rifle BZO (battle sight zero) 5-200 yards
- Performance Fundamentals
- Accuracy, Transition, Movement to Contact and “Scene Totality” Drills
- Unsecure Scene Medical Techniques (Self Aid, Buddy Aid & First Aid)
- Assessment / Triage
- Bleeding Control (Tourniquet Application, Wound Packing & Occlusive Bandages)
- Realistic Scenario Equipment Use
- Patient, Rescue, Stabilization and Packaging
Student Equipment: Issue Duty Gear, Body Armor, Handgun w/ 3 magazines, Patrol Carbine w/ 3 magazines, shooting glasses and ear muffs. Ammunition: Quality FMJ 100 round pistol, 120 rounds Carbine.
Class will be from 0800 to 1600. Students are expected to bring a positive “team work” attitude and an open mind. This will be a physically demanding class. Students do not need advanced firearms or tactics as a prerequisite for this class.
Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office Firearms Range and Training Facility