Event Phone: (205) 759-3000
- July 11, 2018 - July 12, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
July 11 @ 8:00 am – July 12 @ 5:00 pm
Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office, LE Academy Tuscaloosa, and the National Command and Staff College are pleased to bring this nationally recognized workshop to Alabama.
Crisis happens. Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity – VUCA (coined at the Army War College in the early 1990’s) is a sobering reality for police officers nationwide. In simple terms, VUCA is chaos. It falls on law enforcement professionals to understand it, prepare for it, and minimize the disruptive and destabilizing effects of it on self, agency and the communities they serve.
This workshop introduces “MAGNUS Leadership” (Javidi, 2016) as a practical and tactical counter VUCA for enhanced officer effectiveness, wellness and resiliency. The program is a scientific application and expansion of the Reversal Theory (Apter, 1975) focusing on activating positive brain and deep emotional intelligence. The workshop has received overwhelming positive response from agencies nationwide including WI Dept. of Justice and HIDTA (High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas – US DoJ) through supported grants for their affiliated agencies.
Upon completing the course, each participant will:
- Have a scientific and practical understanding of VUCA while learning the short-term and long-term effects on each Law Enforcement Officer’s Personal and Professional life.
- Understand Reversal Theory and Cognitive Science as a tactical framework to counter VUCA.
- Develop comprehensive emotional intelligence and cognitive learning tools to enhance leadership capacity.
- Increase personal wellness and resiliency.
Participants will receive the following:
- Two (2) textbooks: Deliberate Leadership & Moral Compass for Law Enforcement
- Four (4) Self-Assessments
- Study guide in workbook format during class.
- National Certificate of Completion from the National Command & Staff College
- MAGNUS LeaderSM Challenge Coin and a Nationally Certified Diploma
- Induction to the National Command & Staff College
National Command & Staff College
338 Raleigh Street
Holly Springs, NC 27540
Agency Contact: Sherry Bass, firstname.lastname@example.org
Available Seats: 50
Location: Tuscaloosa LE Academy, 7601 Robert Cardinal Road, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Cancellation Policy: We may cancel or postpone any course or activity because of insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. If a program is canceled or postponed, we will refund registration fees but cannot be held responsible for any other related costs, charges or expenses, including but not limited to cancellation/change charges assessed by hotels, airlines or travel agencies. Requests for cancellation and/or substitution should be directed to the workshop organizer. A $50 cancellation fee will be applied to all refunds. Requests for substitutions for another class or of another attendee for the same class will be accommodated whenever possible. Additional fees will not be charged for reasonable substitutions. Refunds will not be issued for ‘no shows”. All registration fees must be paid prior to the start of the class.