Event Phone: 205-759-3000
- May 14, 2018 - May 18, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Registration is to be completed with NRA.
THERE IS A $50.00 Range fee payable to LEAT by cash, credit card, or check.
This school compresses the handgun instructor school to 3 days and adds 2 days of shotgun instructor training. Student classroom presentations, concealed-carry training, and unconventional shooting positions are replaced with shotgun marksmanship and handling classroom presentations and range work. Shotgun drills include firing from cover, use of kneeling and prone positions, moving targets, malfunction clearing, firing on the move, and transitioning to the handgun. In addition to the above mentioned required equipment, the following are ALSO necessary for this school:
- Duty-type, law enforcement 12 gauge pump or semi-auto police shotgun equipped with a sling.
- 900 rounds of duty or training handgun ammunition.
- 50 rounds of duty or training 12 gauge slugs.
- 20 rounds of duty or training 12 gauge 00 buckshot.
- 100 rounds of birdshot (#6, #7½, #8 or #9).
A backup handgun is NOT required for this school.
The shotgun and buckshot must be capable of shooting a group no larger than 18 inches at 15 yards in order to pass the course.
Rifled shotgun barrels are inappropriate for this school and are not allowed
Venue Phone: 205-759-3000Address: