Event Phone: 205-759-3000
- August 13, 2018 - August 17, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Registration is to be completed through NRA
There is a $50.00 Range fee payable by cash, check, or credit card to the Law Enforcement Academy to cover range supplies
This school centers on the patrol rifle for officers using iron sights or optics (which must be removed for zeroing exercises). The classroom portion informs students how to teach basic fundamentals of rifle marksmanship and handling, how to zero iron-sighted rifles, and discusses zeroing policy and liability concerns. Range work quickly moves from basic marksmanship to tactical movement, use of cover, various firing positions, pivots and turns, use of the safety circle concept, reloading under stress, firing on the move, multiple threats, decision-making, and reduced light threat identification and firing. Students design a tactical course of fire and are responsible for developing a lesson plan and running fellow students through their course at the end of the week.(Officers attending this class are expected to be capable of firing 6 inch groups with a rifle at 50 yards from the prone, sitting, kneeling and standing positions, and possess the ability to make accurate rifle sight adjustments, field strip, reassemble, load and unload their respective rifles, prior to arrival. THIS is not a basic operator school.) In addition to the above mentioned equipment, the following areALSO necessary for this school:
- Duty-type, law enforcement patrol rifle, (rifle or pistol caliber is acceptable), equipped with a sling.
- At least three rifle magazines with a capacity of 20 rounds or more.
- 1,200 rounds of duty or training rifle ammunition.
- 100 rounds of duty or training handgun ammunition.
- Shooting mat or waterproof ground cover for prone zeroing exercises