Event Phone: 205-759-3000
- September 2, 2019 - September 3, 2019
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Course by: HAVOC Shooting Solutions LLC
Hosted by: Law Enforcement Academy of Tuscaloosa
Hosted at: Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Range – 22794 P and M Mining Rd, Berry, AL, 35546
When: September 2nd, 2019 at 8am to September 3rd, 2019 at 4pm
Instruction will be through heavy weapons manipulations, one-handed shooting, transitional shooting drills and more. We expand upon already learned concepts of malfunctions, reloads, barricades and movement drills. This class will push your ability to do one-handed drills, engage threats, and show weaknesses with support hand shooting. Injured shooter drills are the order of the day. This will be a very physical course. This is an LEO only course.
· Malfunctions – two hand, strong and support
· Malfunctions clearance – using gear and the environment
· Draw stroke(handgun) – strong and support
· Reloads – strong and support
· Weapon recovery – one hand
· Positional shooting – one hand
· Handgun transitions – strong and support hand drills
· Movement drills – up, down, forward, back, laterally, etc.
· Injured shooter drills
· Multiple threat engagements
· Barricade drills – two hand transitions, one-hand positional
· Team movement and cover
· Carbine, already zeroed, has a sling
· Service grade caliber handgun – 9mm, 40s&w, 45acp only
· Rigid holster and magazine pouches -duty gear is fine – NO NYLON OR CROSS DRAW HOLSTERS ALLOWED
· 100 rounds of carbine-MINIMUM
· 400 Rounds of handgun-MINIMUM
· Eye and ear protection
· Ball Cap
· Range appropriate clothing-take into account current weather conditions
· elbow and knee pads are recommended but not required
· Hydration gear and snacks
· If you have tactical gear and wish to wear, please feel free to do so.
MINIMUM of 100 rds carbine and 400 rds handgun ammunition. MORE is always better!
Carbine must be zeroed before start of class. There will not be time to setup weapons.
COST OF THE CLASS IS $25 for LEOs! Contact Bob White @ 205-242-9939 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office Training Facility has free bunks available on a first come first serve basis. There is also a washer and dryer on site. No need to get a hotel room for this class if you sign up early enough!
Students will receive a certificate for the class
LEO only course!
Venue Phone: 205-759-3000Address: