Event Phone: 205-248-4860
- September 13, 2022 - September 14, 2022
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
• Zeroing your red dot. 10 yard zero.
• Draw and how to stop fishing for the dot. Why back up irons are necessary?
• Only use the necessary amount of information required to make an acceptably accurate shot at the speed and distance required.
• Red dots up close. 5 yards and in.
• Red dots at distance
• Speed: Efficiency of draw and presentation. Concealed and Open setups. Speed is the economy of motion. Speed is not useless frenetic movement.
• Micro Drill training method.
• Dot tracking: Grip, stance, dot movement, predictability. How to stop over confirming the dot.
• Modes of Practice
• How to get better on your own. Dry fire for skill building. Live fire for confirmation.
• Target transitions
• Shooting on the move
• Identifying, diagnosing, and fixing common problems with all the aforementioned skills
Slide mounted red dot pistol
The ability to carry 4 mags (1 in gun, 3 in pouches/pockets)
Good holster of student’s choice. No Serpas. No old leather holsters.
1000 rounds of reliable ammo
Eye pro, Ear pro
Class Time: 8:30 am to 5 pm
Tuscaloosa Police Department Firing Range / 2201 New Watermelon Rd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35406
*Refunds will only be made if the class is canceled. If a student cannot attend the class they signed up for, they will be given a credit to another class of comparable value.