Event Phone: 205-759-3000
- October 7, 2020 - October 9, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
MOTOR-TAC is a tactical, problem-solving class for Motorcycle Officers. Through positional techniques, weapons manipulations and unconventional cover, the class will give Motor Officers a new way to utilize their motorcycles in a high-threat environment, providing necessary officer safety techniques. The class will cover firearms training from the saddle, low light training, injured shooter scenarios, focusing on assault/firearm wounds as well as types of injuries typically sustained in motorcycle crashes and many other tactical, officer-safety techniques.
Topics covered include:
- Motor gear acclimatization to dynamic environments
- Mounted Firing
- Dismounted Firing
- Movement to Cover
- Positional Shooting
- Weapons Manipulations
- Traffic Stops
- Department or Personal Motor that is fitted with Engine Guards/Crash Bars
- Motor Helmet – to include radio communication gear that connects to motor (or Bluetooth Capabilities)
- Duty Uniform – to including riding boots, gloves
- Equipment used for daily patrol – ticket book, radar, LIDAR (as assigned), pen, paper, etc.
- Duty Gear – to include duty weapon, handcuffs, leather gear, Carbine, ballistic vest, rain/cold weather gear, sunglasses, clear safety glasses, etc.
- Weapon mounted light and handheld flashlight
- Ear protection that can be worn under motor helmet
- MINIMUM of 1200 rounds of handgun ammunition and 400 rounds of carbine (a rifle is available to be shared on site if one isn’t assigned to the motor officer)
Additional Suggested Equipment:
- Knee/Elbow pads
- tubing/zip ties to wrap engine guard/crash bars (user discretion)
- Tools or parts the officer feels they may need for their motor (there will be no spare parts or tools for use – bring what you feel you may need during this course for minor repairs)
- AN OPEN MIND
OCTOBER 7-9, 2020 0800-1600 HRS
Course by: HAVOC Shooting Solutions LLC
Hosted with: Tuscaloosa County Sheriffs Office at Tuscaloosa County Sheriffs Office Training Facility 22794 P&M Mining Road Berry, AL 35546.
The class cost is $150.
REGISTRATION IS DUE BY OCTOBER 2, 2020.
Venue Phone: 205-759-3000Address: