Event Phone: 205-759-3000
- December 4, 2023 - December 8, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Vanguard Level Two Breakdown
The SSGT Vanguard Level Two Instructor and Student Courses are broken down into thirteen (13) categories:
- Strategic Subject Escort – escorting an unrestrained subject and taking the subject down to the ground upon resistance.
- Pressure Points to Escort – applying pressure points in an objectively reasonable manner for the purpose of subject control and compliance.
- Strategic Handcuffing & Transport – deploying and applying handcuffs to a subject in the standing, kneeling and prone positions. Also, the safe and proper transport procedure of a restrained subject.
- Strategic Frisk & Search – the safe and proper procedures for frisking and searching a subject.
- Strategic Striking – the use of personal weapon strikes to prevent or stop aggressive action in an objectively reasonable manner.
- Holstered Handgun Retention while Standing – against one- and two-handed attacks on the officers handgun from the front and rear.
- Holstered Handgun Retention while on the Ground– against one- and two-handed attacks on the officers handgun when the officer is on the ground.
- Drawn Handgun Retention while Standing – against one- and two-handed attacks on the officers handgun in standing situations.
- Drawn Handgun Retention while on the Ground – from the mounted position and side positions.
- Long Gun Retention – defending against attacks on an officer’s rifle, shotgun or sub-gun.
- Long Gun Disarming – front and rear attacks.
- Handgun Disarming – front and rear attacks.
- Strategic Baton – the use of a straight or expandable baton in an objectively reasonable manner for the purpose of subject control and compliance.
Vanguard Level Two Certification Facts:
- Written and Practical Exams are administered in both the Instructor and Student Courses.
- Instructors may certify Students in one or all categories of a particular level.
- Student Certification time can range from 1-24 hours depending on categories addressed.
- Student Certification is valid for one year.
- Re-certification time is 1/2 the original time.Instructor Certification is valid for three years, provided the officer teaches 8 hours per year.
- SSGT Vanguard Level Two Student Manuals are available for purchase.